Friday, December 14, 2012

Connecticut school shooting

The news is mind-blowing: Shooting at a Connecticut elementary school..
It's so bad, I am at a loss...
Who could shoot a kindergartner? I guess the same kind of person who can abuse a child...
What is wrong with this world?

I don't remember being this shaken by national news except three in my life:
When President Kennedy was shot
When the Challenger blew up
When the World Trade Center blew up

This seems somehow even worse because the disregard of the murderer is so personal and so cruel and so lasting and inflicted by choice.
The world is screwed up beyond my ability to believe.

In the meantime, my heart is breaking for those moms and dads and sisters and brothers and little kids who watched their classmates get shot.

I'll write more when I have more to say or make some sense out of it.

No comments: