Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

It's really and truly 2011. Can hardly belive it.


Sara Frederick wrote a story for the Mankato Free Press Mankato Magazine about Chasing AllieCat, and I guess about me. I told Sara that I have realized I'm simply not a calm person, and place helps me center myself, be calm, and write. That's why my little farmhouse is such a good place for me to write. Freya loves it, too--always a boon.


Sara did a great job with the article. She's an amazing writer.


Anyway, one of my goals for the new year is to be calmer. Even when I'm stressed out or have too much to do. Calm. All I can do is try. Right?


Writing and riding my bike daily calm me. School too often takes those two things away. I'm going to work extra, extra hard this year to not let that happen, to keep writing and riding even during the busiest part of the school year.


On a much lighter note, I never published this photo I took in North Carolina when I was there for Thanksgiving. No time like the present, eh?

It cracks me up. If anyone can explain it to me, please do!

No comments: