Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Kissing the Blarney Stone


Here I am, kissing the Blarney Stone at Blarney Castle in Ireland. It's supposed to give you the gift of gab--or, more specifically, the gift of eloquence.
With my fear of heights, being held like this (note ground five stories below this open space with only a few bars to stop your fall) made my palms sweat and made me weak-kneed. But I did it!
Then I got up and the holder said, "Nobody got a photo of you. You need to do this again," and I couldn't believe that...'cause they were rushing people through. His buddy (who took this photo) kept saying, "I can't make this camera work," so I hung there for almost a minute. He got two photos, but all I could thing was, that if this was supposed to give me eloquence, it ties in to being a writer and kissing the Blarney Stone was exactly like trying to get published: they leave you hanging!

No comments: