Thursday, December 31, 2009

Revising, revising

Editing Chasing AllieCat for the publisher--for my editor at FLUX Books. I forgot how much I love revision. This is very satisfying. However, it's always easier to revise when somebody has purchased your manuscript, so you know the revisions count.

Some of his comments made me mad at first, and I was fully prepared to fight my side of the disagreement; however, as I work through the manuscript, more and more of his insights make sense. I'm finding I disagree with him less and less. Am I getting wimpy? Or is John McIntyre right? I think it's the latter.

Love this blog:

http://johnemcintyre.blogspot.com/2009/12/you-dont-want-your-editor-to-be-your.html

I feel like I always learn something from John. Or at least he makes me laugh! Wish I could meet him. I imagine there'd be never a dull moment.

No comments: