Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Have I mentioned

that I love summer?

Here's my day: Make coffee about 6:30. Read, drink coffee, play with Freya. Read while I eat breakfast (protein pancake, made with eggs, oatmeal, cottage cheese, cinnamon, sprinkled with blueberries and sugar-free syrup). Water some flowers. Get my butt in gear writing by about 7:30. Write all morning. Have lunch (maybe go to yoga, or maybe have lunch with Tom...yet to be determined). Write a little more. Go to the eye doctor. Come home. Mow? Or write a little more.

By 6 p.m., be in upper North Mankato for the Time Trial (Isle of Man TT series, set up by Mike Busch) to warm up properly by 7, when the first rider goes off.
Cool down. Remove aero bars and aero wheels to return to Mark Skarpohl.
Head home.
And maybe the best (well, no, maybe the second or third or fourth best thing about summer?)--I will get home and I can relax and read or watch a movie. NO PAPERS to grade! Usually, I get home at 8 from anything in the evening, and have immediately start grading.

Huge sigh. If only I could sell a "big" book--make enough money writing and doing school visits, etc., so that I could teach half time. I could have a reasonable life all year long.

Okay, Becky. Shut up and write.

1 comment:

@m3#^ said...

Half time! No way.. We can't get enough of you as it is! :-)