Sunday, December 5, 2010

Finally,...SPLIT

I finished Swati Avasthi's SPLIT a couple weeks ago, on the way to North Carolina, and I either have had no time to blog, or Blogger has jammed my internet connection, so I haven't mentioned it again. It was one of the best YA books I've ever read. The story follows complex characters with no easy answers to their situations; their complex problems don't necessarily get resolved, yet come to a very satisfying place at the end of the book. It's one of the clearest fictional depictions of how domestic violence works, and the protagonist is so well drawn, that we're with him in his struggle every step of the way.

I LOVED this book. I feel as if the characters are my friends, and they're the kind of characters that stick with me, as if I wonder how they're doing now. I can't recommend it enough for anyone, not just for YA lovers and readers.

No comments: