Monday, May 14, 2012

Spring. Summer. Only from the bike.

From the bike, I watch the seasons unfold. On the bike, I'm more acutely aware of the disappearance of the last snow, the first tree buds, the greening of the ditches. And this is one of my favorite parts of spring and early summer: smelling fresh earth overturned by plow and disk, and the baby corn and beans sprouting and growing. I had to stop this weekend and snap this photo. Just because I can.

I'm DONE WITH SCHOOL FOR THE YEAR! YAHOOOOO! I had great classes, wonderful students, a good time. But grading and reading everything takes hours and hours and hours, and now I'm done until August.
Writing. Writing. Writing.
Biking. Biking. Biking.

I have a novel in progress that I want to finish.
I am registered for the Senior Games bike races the first weekend in June.
On June 16, I'm riding the Jackson County Brevet, the largest fund-raiser in the country for Aplastic Anemia.

No comments: