Sunday, May 2, 2010

Kids and school and writing and biking and gardening and FREYA

So much going on, my head is spinning. But it's all good and life is pretty damn wonderful. Springtime and all, too.

Nikki's pregnant, and I am pretty excited, no, scratch that. I'm am SOOOOO excited!!!!!!! I think about it all the time.

Tim James visited my Humanities classes this past Thursday, and he kicked ass. My students loved him, and I felt like they learned so, so much. They thought it was terrific. So fun. He talked about Dali, Picasso, and his own (amazing) work. We talked about the progression from realism to twisting it to do something other than realistic representation. Surrealism, Abstraction, Abstract Expressionism, and Expressionism. And Impressionism and Post-Impressionism. I felt like everybody got most of the distinctions!

Hoping to plant my veggie garden this afternoon. Have to finish grading first.....
Want to get a ride in, too, but don't know if I can do it all.
And then, there's working on my WIP (Work in progress/next novel).

That's why I need 75 hours per day for the next two weeks. Two weeks from today, we leave for France and Spain!

No comments: