Friday, August 15, 2008

setting goals...writing, riding...

I had a bad, discouraging conversation with my agent last week, and I've had a really hard time writing since then. Finally, today, working my butt off outside (mowing, trimming, pulling weeds) and indoors ( painted a room and shampooed carpets this week)...plus rode a couple hundred miles this week (have ridden over 500 so far in August, yippee!)...I finally started thinking in sentences and images again. So I sat down and wrote tonight. It feels good. Maybe I needed a break, but I had to love the words again, instead of thinking of selling books.

That's what this is all about: loving making pictures with words and shaping them into stories.
It's not about selling books, or we'd all quit in the middle of it.

And I'm also considering next summer's 24 hour race again. I think it's time to do it again. I'm riding well and lots. I need to not lose my fitness, so maybe this is the time to gear up and train. Hmmmmm.....

No comments: